Using skincare products can be a restorative and relaxing part of a daily routine for a wide variety of people, as everyone can benefit no matter age, gender, or ethnicity. With so many practical applications, the versatility of skincare products makes them wildly popular and highly sought after. Where one person may wear a SPF face moisturizer, another may have serum they can’t live without, while another has a night-time skin cream they swear by. Ask anyone and they will have something to say about a certain product they can’t live without.
If you are looking into starting a private label skincare brand or are already established, knowing the hottest and best-selling products is important to getting your next line or product launch ready. This article will not only go over what products are the most popular in skincare currently, but also some tips that show how your company can benefit by working with a private label manufacturer.
Why Choose Skincare?
While skincare is not new to being a hot ticket seller, the new wave of online influencers and online marketing strategies have jump-started the global market for skincare in ways that we could only dream of 30 years ago. The global skincare market is estimated to reach an incredible $189 billion by 2025. The advantages of selling private label skincare products are substantial.
Top Selling 2021 Skincare Products
In a 2021 survey among shoppers in the United States, over 40% of shoppers aged 18 to 24 years said that they spend more on skincare than any other product category. Likewise, overall, it was the most shopped-for beauty category across all age groups. Let’s look at the latest and great in skincare top sellers:
- Acne Treatments (by far one of the most popular as you see product after product on the best seller lists for many magazines and trending lists.)
- Anti-Aging Creams (also one of the most popular skincare products on the market.)
- Facial Cleaners/Cleansing Oils
- Moisturizer with SPF
- Face Masks
- Lip Protectants with SPF
- Vitamin C Facial Serums
Ways to Find the Latest Trending and Best Selling Skincare Products
- Google Trends: Google Trends shows you whether searches for a particular keyword are increasing or decreasing, and how much general interest there is for that term.
- Amazon Best Sellers List: Amazon’s Best Sellers list can be narrowed down into any product category or subcategory so that you can see what cosmetics are most popular and get a feel for the current competition.
- Amazon Movers and Shakers: This list shows products that are experiencing sudden growth or popularity, which is helpful for spotting trends.
- Visiting Popular Retailers: Great for checking out what other retailers are featuring in-store and what they deem as an in-person hot seller could be different than online. Both markets are still important even if online is much busier now more than ever.
Tips for Starting Your Own Private Label Skincare Brand
By reading this article, you’ve already begun a few of the earlier phases in starting your own private label brand! Here are other tips to get your ready to start private label selling:
- Identify Profitable Products. Make sure to learn as much about skincare before you begin.
- Research Private Label Cosmetics Suppliers. You want to sell quality and so finding the best private label skincare and cosmetic supplier is of the utmost importance.
- Make Your Branding Stand Out. Make sure you really punch up the branding. As a new brand, you will have competition that has been around for a long time with many loyal customers.
- Pick a Quality Private Label Manufacturer. This is one of the most important steps. Quality ingredients and the ability to get the product out the door are two incredibly important parts of running a skincare company.
- Marketing is Your Best Friend and Life Line. After you’ve gotten your branding, your product and you are ready to roll out, you will need to market your new product. Free samples, discounts for reviews, social media promotions and giveaways, etc. are all fantastic incentives to gaining a new customer base that will soon turn loyal due to the quality and consistency of your product.
Turn Your Skincare Brand Dreams into Reality with Aloe Labs
Are you in need of locally sourced, high-quality aloe for your next product launch? Are you struggling to find a private label manufacturer that lives up to your brand’s standards? Let the experts at Aloe Laboratories help.
At Aloe Laboratories, we maintain our own aloe vera farm and production site, allowing us to craft the most desirable products possible while keeping bulk and wholesale prices low. We pride ourselves on producing aloe vera gel, juice, and powder specific to each customer's needs for their food-grade and cosmetic-grade products.
If you'd like to learn more about how we can enhance your brand, how aloe vera can tip the scaled in your favor for your skincare products, or if you have some ideas of your own you’d like to go over with us, contact our team today and learn more about our private labeling options and how we can help you make your product dreams a reality.